vRealize Network Insight 6.1 | 14 Jan 2021| Build 1610450081
vRealize Network Insight helps you build an optimized, highly available and secure network infrastructure across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. It provides network visibility and analytics to accelerate micro-segmentation security, minimize risk during application migration, optimize network performance and confidently manage and scale NSX, SD-WAN Velocloud, and Kubernetes deployments.
vRealize Network Insight 6.1 and vRealize Network Insight Cloud (SaaS) deliver the latest in application and network visibility and analytics.
- Customization: Pinboards to customize persistent dashboards
- Multi-Cloud: Enhancements to visibility with VMware Cloud on AWS for traffic and dropped packets across gateway AWS Direct Connect, cross VPC, and public interface metrics
- Assurance and Verification: Enhancements with in-context device configuration snapshots viewable from the topology map for easier troubleshooting
- NSX-T: Data integration from NSX Intelligence can now be integrated for more application-centric network operations and troubleshooting visibility
- VMware SD-WAN: New capabilities with analytics intent for better service-level agreement (SLA) monitoring and visibility with SD-WAN link utilization and metering
- Integration with NSX-T Intelligence – I think vRNI does a fantastic job correlating all the data it ingests and now adding Intelligence as a data source will improve the visibility even more. When integration with NSX Intelligence is enabled, the flow record in vRealize Network Insight will now also display the Layer 7 service.
- Intent Based improvements continue to show more and more value to users – I will definitely be testing the new Edge Uplink Utilization visibility.
Network Assurance and Verification
- Introduces two new intents: the native VLAN intent and native VLAN tagging mismatch intent
- Supports Palo Alto Networks (PAN) Firewall in Network Map
- Supports Juniper devices in Network Map through Netconf (without the need for SSH)
- Enhances path-search usability to include the underlying device configuration data.
Intent Based Analytics Support for Link Metering for VMware SD-WAN
- Provides ability to create intents to track bandwidth usage on links (LTE/MPLS) that incur usage based service contracts with ISPs
- Provides proactive alerts to avoid overage charges due to excessive bandwidth usage beyond the contractual limits
- Supports the ability to optimize or conserve bandwidth traversing across these links.
Intent Based Analytics for Monitoring Edge Uplink Utilization
- Provides ability to create intents to monitor uplink utilization across the VMware SD-WAN Edges to assess and optimize traffic utilization for troubleshooting and capacity planning
- Supports flexibility to choose the uplink type to generate alerts and notifications.
Layer 7 Service Information from NSX Intelligence
- Provides Layer 7 service visibility when NSX Intelligence is enabled on an NSX-T manager
- Provides enhanced dashboards, including the VM, Hosts, and the Application dashboards to provide out of the box Layer 7 service visibility.
NSX-T Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Provides ability to filter alerts based on alert entities and configurations
- Provides metric charts for better visualization and interaction
- Provides metrics for all NSX-T objects in the NSX-T Manager Topology page
- Provides events for the firewall rule masking
- Flow retransmit count metric renamed as flow retransmit percentage metric.
VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC on AWS)
- Support for VMC T0 Router Interface Statistics which includes Rx Total Bytes, Rx Total Packets, Rx Dropped Packets, Tx Total Bytes, Tx Total Packets and Tx Dropped Packets for Public, Cross-VPC, and Direct Connect interfaces.
Physical Device Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Provides metric charts for better visualization and interaction with the metrics.
- Provides alternative search suggestions when a search fails to show results.
- Preserves filter state when pinning a widget to a pinboard
- Ability to pin the no results search to a pinboard
- Ability to see other users’ pinboards in the Auditor role.
- Shows different alert definitions in separate tabs for easy classification and better management of alerts. Alert Definition (known as events in earlier release) refers to a problem or a change condition that the system detects
- Introduces the term alert to indicate an instance when the system detects a problem, a change, or violation of an intent.
vRealize Network Insight Platform
- Supports web proxies for data sources (SD-WAN, AWS, Azure, ServiceNow, and VMC NSX Manager)
- Shows information related to Platform and Collector VMs such as IP address (name), last activity, status, and so on in one single page
- Introduces the following new pages and capabilities:
- Adding or updating data sources
- Web proxies listing page
- Web proxies usage visibility
- Infrastructure and support page.
- VMware vRealize Network Insight Cloud is now available in Sydney, Australia
- vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2 Product Support Pack 2 supports the installation of vRealize Network Insight 6.1. See VMware vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager 8.2 Release Notes. For information about install and upgrade vRealize Network Insight by using vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager, see the vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager Installation, Upgrade, and Management Guide.